USA/SPAIN: Lazer Appoints New Market Development Chief
Lazer Transportation Services and its Spanish alliance partner, ACS Autonomous Cargo Systems, have appointed Tony Diz market development manager - Spain, for the newly formed North America-Spain Trade Region Service Group.Diz will coordinate Lazer's operations teams in North America and the ACS operations teams located throughout Spain for this exciting new joint initiative. Through the North America-Spain Trade Region Service Group, Lazer and ACS intend to speed information on the transportation, packaging and regulatory impacts to customers who are evaluating trade opportunities between these two countries.Increasing trade options among several industry segments, including fashion and automotive manufacturing, have created greater demand for the localised knowledge and global experience Lazer Transportation Services offers. "The North America-Spain initiative will provide our customers with real value added service enhancements, just as our North America-UK Trade Region Service Group has demonstrated since its inception in September," said James R. Lhamon, COO for Lazer Transportation Services.Diz brings seven years of experience in Spain to New York, most recently managing sales and operations for the ACS company's Barcelona office, where he serviced both the Fashion and Automotive industries. "These are two key industries where Lazer has significant involvement," said Lhamon."I am anxious to unveil to Spain's shoe and textile manufacturers Lazer's collapsible garment shipping container programme along with the company's other proprietary services, developed for the North American fashion industry," said Tony Diz."Lazer has seen over twenty per cent growth from fashion industry customers this year alone and Tony's appointment will be a perfect fit to Lazer's momentum and continued growth in this business segment," said Lhamon.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Target Corp, Foot Locker
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022