CANADA: Le Château posts 22% FY profit dip
Canadian fashion retailer Le Château has reported a drop in annual profit, following weaker sales during the year.
The chain said that sales for the 52-week period ended 30 January decreased 6.9% to $321.7m.
On a comparable week basis total sales decreased 5.8% while same-store sales decreased by 8.5%.
Net earnings for the year were $29.8m compared to $38.6m during last fiscal year.
The company has not provided further guidance at this stage.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022