UK: Leading Designers Hunt New Suppliers In Wales
Three leading London designers - including Dai Rees, one of the Welsh stars on the international fashion scene - are heading for Wales on a two day trade mission next week to visit a number of high quality clothing manufacturers.Organised by the Apparel & Textile Challenge (ATC) and the British Fashion Council, in conjunction with the Welsh Development Agency's Garment Initiative, the aim is to match the supplier needs of designers with Welsh clothing manufacturers.The visit on Tuesday 14 November and Wednesday 15 November is being hosted and funded by the WDA. Martin Brown, who manages the Agency's Garment Initiative, said the trade mission offered a tremendous opportunity to introduce Welsh suppliers - and the sector in general - to leading designers with the underlying objective of securing additional business for the sector. The Agency carried out a detailed analysis of manufacturing capabilities in Wales on behalf of the ATC to ensure the best possible match, based on the requirements of designers. "We are delighted to be working with ATC to take this opportunity to promote the capability of the Welsh garment sector and to show the extremely high standard of work undertaken by them," he said. "A number of our manufacturers already supply leading high street fashion stores as well as designer labels."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar