UK: Learning Works for Leicestershire textile company
A new initiative to promote lifelong learning for the employees of small to medium sized companies has been launched at the factory of K Stevens (Leicester) Ltd, which produces tapes and binding for the textiles industry. Unveiled by Patricia Hewitt MP, Minister for E-commerce and Small Business, The Learning Works is an interactive, computer-based support package, set inside a brightly coloured 'Pod' workstation, that will allow employees to learn on-line from a range of optional courses, with the support of a group of virtual mentors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth