VIETNAM: Leather Exports Rise 14.8% In H1
Of the total export volume for the six-month period, European Union (EU) countries accounted for about 80 per cent, the ministry said.
Exports to the US increased slightly during the half, it added, while those to Japan and other market showed slight fluctuations.
Commenting on the earnings figures, Vietnam Leather and Footwear Association president Nguyen Gia Thao said the country's leather exporters could face a slowdown in the near future, as the EU reconsiders its application of the Generalised System of Preferences to the eight largest exporters to the union.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack