INDIA: Leather Garment Exports Rise
India's leather garment exports leapt by 106 per cent last year to Rs 401 crore despite PETA's (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals) campaign against the industry, reported the Times of India. PETA, which accuses Indian companies of excessive cruelty to animals, successfully persuaded Gap to drop supplies from India. The estimated loss of the total campaign was $28m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores