INDIA: Leather Sector Handed $13 Million Windfall
India#;s Planning Commission has approved a grant of $13.1 million for the leather sector for next year as it looks to boost leather exports pass the $2 billion mark.
Federal commerce minister, Murasoli Maran, also called on the leather industry to consider investing in brand promotion, as Indian leather and leather goods were sold in worldwide under international labels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"