FRANCE: Lectra names Shurling in America role
Software and IT developer Lectra has named company veteran Roy Shurling as its new president of Lectra North America, based in Atlanta.
Reporting directly to Lectra CEO Daniel Harari, Shurling takes on responsibility for all Lectra business in the US, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
Shurling has spent more than 20 years with the company, holding a range of positions including, most recently, world senior vice president of automotive and transportation.
North America accounted for 16% of Lectra global revenues in 2007, with sales totalling US$50m from more than 2,500 customers, but the company has been dissatisfied with its performance there.
"In the United States, we have suffered in the past from our own weaknesses, despite the key initiatives we have taken in recent years," said Harari.
"With Roy now in charge, we have the strong leadership necessary to drive our teams and to move forward."
In just under a week's time the world's fourth largest trade fair venue will open its doors to IMB 2009. The last IMB event in 2006 welcomed some 25,000 visitors to view the latest in apparel and text...
Lectra will present new versions of its Kaledo design software and Modaris pattern-making solution, as well as additions to its Vector cutting range, at next week's IMB technology trade show....
Lectra has launched a new version of its Modaris pattern-making solution aimed at improving productivity and quality in the apparel industry....
Technology firm Lectra has promoted Mark Lyness as managing director of its UK unit, where he will assume responsibility for all business in the UK and Ireland....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020