CHINA: Lectra to support Ruyi manufacturing expansion
Technology solutions provider Lectra is set to support the expansion of manufacturing operations at Chinese textile and apparel maker Ruyi Group.
Part of a strategic partnership between the two businesses, the work will see Lectra help Ruyi to boost production at its Taian plant in Shandong province, supplying international men’s wear clients and the company’s own brands.
The partnership will enable Ruyi to have an end-to-end manufacturing chain in place, which the companies said would help it to serve its customers better, and also optimise development and manufacturing for its own brands.
“To follow fashion industry trends, Ruyi is in urgent need of world-class, intelligent systems with advanced information technologies,” said Qiu Dong, president of Ruyi Group.
“We want to build a long-term strategic relationship between Lectra and Ruyi.
“In doing so, Ruyi will be able to make the most of its current resources, leverage its R&D team and transform traditional methods with leading information technologies, thus promoting the growth of the textile industry in China and even in other countries around the world.”
Product lifecycle management (PLM) systems provide increasingly sophisticated tools for getting the right products to market at the right time - with current trends including more integration with ERP...
The last few years have seen tremendous changes in the technological landscape of 'product lifecycle management' (PLM) and 'enterprise resource planning' (ERP) systems....
Chinese footwear company Aokang is adopting Lectra Fashion PLM to increase visibility and control over its supply chain....
Technology solutions provider Lectra says the creation of a new subsidiary in Seoul will contribute to accelerating its development in Asia....
Responding to industry needs for faster fashion cycles, Lectra has released the latest version of its Kaledo design solution....
Technology solutions provider Lectra has appointed Microsoft executive Karen Elalouf as its managing director for France as the firm looks to accelerate growth in its home market....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies