CHINA: Lectra to support Ruyi manufacturing expansion
Technology solutions provider Lectra is set to support the expansion of manufacturing operations at Chinese textile and apparel maker Ruyi Group.
Part of a strategic partnership between the two businesses, the work will see Lectra help Ruyi to boost production at its Taian plant in Shandong province, supplying international men’s wear clients and the company’s own brands.
The partnership will enable Ruyi to have an end-to-end manufacturing chain in place, which the companies said would help it to serve its customers better, and also optimise development and manufacturing for its own brands.
“To follow fashion industry trends, Ruyi is in urgent need of world-class, intelligent systems with advanced information technologies,” said Qiu Dong, president of Ruyi Group.
“We want to build a long-term strategic relationship between Lectra and Ruyi.
“In doing so, Ruyi will be able to make the most of its current resources, leverage its R&D team and transform traditional methods with leading information technologies, thus promoting the growth of the textile industry in China and even in other countries around the world.”
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's technology agenda this year? Tools that can introduce innovation into the product lifecycle - such as social connectivity, product personalisat...
Where should apparel firms be focusing their investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? While technology agendas will vary from business to business, a recurring theme is the ...
One of the key ways in which software can help tackle apparel supply chain issues is by providing visibility into the process and intelligence to track and manage inventory - enabling stakeholders to ...
What are the biggest challenges facing the global apparel supply chain in 2015? Meeting consumer needs in an omnichannel world continues to stand out, as does the need for faster, flexible and more ef...
Fabrics and textiles IT specialist Lectra has launched version four of its Lectra Fashion PLM solution, promising to tackle the "growing complexity" of the fashion industry....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022