CHINA: Lectra to support Ruyi manufacturing expansion
Technology solutions provider Lectra is set to support the expansion of manufacturing operations at Chinese textile and apparel maker Ruyi Group.
Part of a strategic partnership between the two businesses, the work will see Lectra help Ruyi to boost production at its Taian plant in Shandong province, supplying international men’s wear clients and the company’s own brands.
The partnership will enable Ruyi to have an end-to-end manufacturing chain in place, which the companies said would help it to serve its customers better, and also optimise development and manufacturing for its own brands.
“To follow fashion industry trends, Ruyi is in urgent need of world-class, intelligent systems with advanced information technologies,” said Qiu Dong, president of Ruyi Group.
“We want to build a long-term strategic relationship between Lectra and Ruyi.
“In doing so, Ruyi will be able to make the most of its current resources, leverage its R&D team and transform traditional methods with leading information technologies, thus promoting the growth of the textile industry in China and even in other countries around the world.”
What else is likely to be topping the apparel industry's technology agenda this year? Tools that can introduce innovation into the product lifecycle - such as social connectivity, product personalisat...
Where should apparel firms be focusing their investments now if they want to remain competitive into the future? While technology agendas will vary from business to business, a recurring theme is the ...
One of the key ways in which software can help tackle apparel supply chain issues is by providing visibility into the process and intelligence to track and manage inventory - enabling stakeholders to ...
What are the biggest challenges facing the global apparel supply chain in 2015? Meeting consumer needs in an omnichannel world continues to stand out, as does the need for faster, flexible and more ef...
Fabrics and textiles IT specialist Lectra has launched version four of its Lectra Fashion PLM solution, promising to tackle the "growing complexity" of the fashion industry....
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015