IMB exhibitor news: Lectra tools tackle design and production
Lectra will present new versions of its Kaledo design software and Modaris pattern-making solution, as well as additions to its Vector cutting range, at next week's IMB technology trade show.
"The new value-added solutions that will be announced show that we are continuing to strive to fulfil our customers' requirements and to help them overcome the challenges of their industry such as the need to increase profitability and make significant savings," said Daniel Harari, Lectra CEO
The Kaledo (V2R1) suite provides designers with a tool to develop and manage textile and fashion design. It streamlines the design development process and can help reduce time-to-market.
New and improved features include multi-colour, space-dye, and fancy yarns for the development of complex knits and woven fabrics; and faster manipulation of repeats.
Lectra will also showcase the latest version of Modaris, its pattern-making solution for the apparel industry, which was launched last month. Special construction tools help speed up pattern development.
Additions to its Vector cutting offer include the Vector FX Extended for precision cutting of luxury suits, and new Vector Pilot (V1R2) software to boost cut quality at high speed.
The company will also present new versions of Mosaïc, its system for processing patterned fabrics, and Offload, its offloading assistance system.
Lectra is also participating in the IMB 2009 Forum and Speakers' Corner, where lingerie maker Van de Velde will discuss the technology of luxury lingerie production.
Despite taking place against a gloomy economic backdrop, the IMB – World of Textile Processing trade show in Cologne last week certainly didn’t disappoint when it came to new products and innovations....
Within the apparel industry the dialogue on sustainability has mainly focused on the production of 'green products' and the use of textile processing methods and supply chain strategies that reduce th...
Lectra has launched a new version of Kaledo, its fashion-specific design solution, with modules to create realistic simulations of prints, weaves and knits....
First half profit at lingerie company Van de Velde NV has fallen 14.7% after higher sales were unable to offset restructuring costs at its Hungarian unit....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020