AUSTRIA: Lenzing gets funding for Tencel development
Fibre firm Lenzing has received EUR100m (US$135.3m) in funding from the European Investment Bank for the development of its Tencel fibre production.
Lenzing, which specialises in the industrial manufacture of cellulose fibres, said it is implementing a multi-annual development programme for new, high-quality Tencel products.
The Tencel fibres, manufactured industrially from wood, are used primarily in the textile industry, but also for non-woven materials and technical applications. Lenzing says it is the only manufacturer in the world to have mastered the technology for producing this latest generation of cellulose fibres on a large industrial scale.
"This partnership with the European Investment Bank is a great tribute to the achievements of our company, particularly our research and development work," said CEO Peter Untersperger.
"We are already operating three pilot Tencel plants in Europe in order to continue improving the technology and its range of applications. We still see considerable potential for growth in the future which must be explored now, as the demand for high-quality fibres manufactured in environmentally compatible processes will continue to increase."
As reforms to China's cotton liberalisation policy start to kick in, world cotton prices are expected to better reflect market demand. However, experts are concerned that if prices continue to drop, g...
Technical textiles are textile products (fibers and materials) that are manufactured and used for their functionality rather than their aesthetic value. The Technical Textiles industry serves end-user...
Technical textiles are materials specifically designed to provide solutions such as conductivity, filtration, flexibility, lightness, reinforcement, resistance, and strength. These fibers and material...
Lenzing's Tencel fibre has been medically tested for body compatibility and toxic substances, confirming its suitability for garments worn next to the skin....
China man-made fibers (cellulose fiber) manufacturing industry, 2014 is valuable for anyone who wants to invest in the man-made fibers (cellulose fiber) manufacturing industry, to get Chinese investme...
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- EU relaxes origin rules on Jordan clothing exports
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras