AUSTRIA: Lenzing gets funding for Tencel development
Fibre firm Lenzing has received EUR100m (US$135.3m) in funding from the European Investment Bank for the development of its Tencel fibre production.
Lenzing, which specialises in the industrial manufacture of cellulose fibres, said it is implementing a multi-annual development programme for new, high-quality Tencel products.
The Tencel fibres, manufactured industrially from wood, are used primarily in the textile industry, but also for non-woven materials and technical applications. Lenzing says it is the only manufacturer in the world to have mastered the technology for producing this latest generation of cellulose fibres on a large industrial scale.
"This partnership with the European Investment Bank is a great tribute to the achievements of our company, particularly our research and development work," said CEO Peter Untersperger.
"We are already operating three pilot Tencel plants in Europe in order to continue improving the technology and its range of applications. We still see considerable potential for growth in the future which must be explored now, as the demand for high-quality fibres manufactured in environmentally compatible processes will continue to increase."
As reforms to China's cotton liberalisation policy start to kick in, world cotton prices are expected to better reflect market demand. However, experts are concerned that if prices continue to drop, g...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
Technical textiles are textile products (fibers and materials) that are manufactured and used for their functionality rather than their aesthetic value. The Technical Textiles industry serves end-user...
Lenzing's Tencel fibre has been medically tested for body compatibility and toxic substances, confirming its suitability for garments worn next to the skin....
Technical textiles are materials specifically designed to provide solutions such as conductivity, filtration, flexibility, lightness, reinforcement, resistance, and strength. These fibers and material...
China man-made fibers (cellulose fiber) manufacturing industry, 2014 is valuable for anyone who wants to invest in the man-made fibers (cellulose fiber) manufacturing industry, to get Chinese investme...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020