AUSTRIA: Lenzing invests EUR130m in Tencel production
Cellulosic fibre maker Lenzing is constructing a "jumbo" Tencel production line at its plant in Lenzing, Austria, which will go into operation in 2014.
The state-of-the-art plant represents an investment of EUR130m (US$173m) and will result in "the most modern fibre production line in the world," the company says.
It will have an annual capacity of 64,000 tonnes and, in addition to Tencel, the facility will also produce Lenzing Modal and FR fibres. Tencel is currently produced at Lenzing sites in Heiligenkreuz (Austria), Grimsby (UK), and Mobile (US).
The capacity expansion comes in response to growing demand for Tencel in new textile and apparel applications, including jeans, sportswear and outerwear.
The third edition examines, in depth, the strategies of the world's leading technical textiles companies, and analyses the major changes to the industry brought about by the ongoing financial crisis o...
This report provides a round-up of recent corporate developments in the global technical textiles sector, including acquisitions, business news, financial results, investments and market forecasts....
This report contains information, analysis and valuable insight on some of the latest product developments and innovations in the home textiles market, including bedding products, fabrics and yarns fo...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- US retailers' March 2014 sales roundup
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- VF Corp eyes speed to market with China hub
- Bangladesh equipment duties drag on safety efforts
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects