AUSTRIA: Lenzing invests EUR130m in Tencel production
Cellulosic fibre maker Lenzing is constructing a "jumbo" Tencel production line at its plant in Lenzing, Austria, which will go into operation in 2014.
The state-of-the-art plant represents an investment of EUR130m (US$173m) and will result in "the most modern fibre production line in the world," the company says.
It will have an annual capacity of 64,000 tonnes and, in addition to Tencel, the facility will also produce Lenzing Modal and FR fibres. Tencel is currently produced at Lenzing sites in Heiligenkreuz (Austria), Grimsby (UK), and Mobile (US).
The capacity expansion comes in response to growing demand for Tencel in new textile and apparel applications, including jeans, sportswear and outerwear.
The third edition examines, in depth, the strategies of the world's leading technical textiles companies, and analyses the major changes to the industry brought about by the ongoing financial crisis o...
This report provides a round-up of recent corporate developments in the global technical textiles sector, including acquisitions, business news, financial results, investments and market forecasts....
This report contains information, analysis and valuable insight on some of the latest product developments and innovations in the home textiles market, including bedding products, fabrics and yarns fo...
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Macy’s increases sustainability efforts
- AAFA urges Senate to modify Bangladesh provisions
- Wal-Mart replaces US division chief
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges