AUSTRIA: Lenzing launches Edelweiss microfibre
Cellulosic fibre producer Lenzing is this month launching a new microfibre version of its eco-friendly Edelweiss product.
MicroModal Edelweiss is produced using a chemical process derived from oxygen, and combines other environmental advantages such as carbon-neutrality, a low need for land and a replenishable raw material of natural origins. The microfibre is "fine and luxurious," Lenzing says.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The supervisory board of Austrian fibre maker Lenzing has extended the contract of its chief financial officer Thomas Winkler for a further three years....
Lenzing has begun construction of a new plant in Lenzing, Austria to make its Tencel fibres, and says the EUR130m (US$163m) investment will increase its capacity by around 67,000 tonnes per annum....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022