AUSTRIA: Lenzing's Modal fibre to undergo sustainable rebrand
Cellulosic fibre producer Lenzing is promoting Modal's eco-friendly attributes to reflect its new production technology.
The company said Lenzing Modal is Co2 neutral because pulp and fibre production takes place at the same site, which leads to the recovery of excess energy, chemicals and wood substances.
Lezing Modal will now be available in greater quantities and bleached with oxygen to make the fibre more environmentally friendly, the group added.
As a result, the slogan 'Makes the world a softer place' will change to 'Co2 neutral softness by Edelweiss technology'.
"Expanding the fibre's image from softness to eco-friendliness mirrors the changes in the demands from the marketplace," said marketing director Andreas Dorner.
"Today customers not only seek a high-quality product. They want to be sure that it was produced in a fair and eco-friendly way."
Lenzing reaffirmed its full-year guidance earlier this month, but said it expects to come in at the lower end of expectations because of a continuing decline in average fibre prices.
Companies: Lenzing Group
Fibre business Lenzing Group saw reductions in full-year net profit and sales in a "difficult" market environment, despite a good performance from its Tencel speciality fibre....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis