AUSTRIA: Lenzing's Modal fibre to undergo sustainable rebrand
Cellulosic fibre producer Lenzing is promoting Modal's eco-friendly attributes to reflect its new production technology.
The company said Lenzing Modal is Co2 neutral because pulp and fibre production takes place at the same site, which leads to the recovery of excess energy, chemicals and wood substances.
Lezing Modal will now be available in greater quantities and bleached with oxygen to make the fibre more environmentally friendly, the group added.
As a result, the slogan 'Makes the world a softer place' will change to 'Co2 neutral softness by Edelweiss technology'.
"Expanding the fibre's image from softness to eco-friendliness mirrors the changes in the demands from the marketplace," said marketing director Andreas Dorner.
"Today customers not only seek a high-quality product. They want to be sure that it was produced in a fair and eco-friendly way."
Lenzing reaffirmed its full-year guidance earlier this month, but said it expects to come in at the lower end of expectations because of a continuing decline in average fibre prices.
Fibre business Lenzing Group saw reductions in full-year net profit and sales in a "difficult" market environment, despite a good performance from its Tencel speciality fibre....
The third edition examines, in depth, the strategies of the world's leading technical textiles companies, and analyses the major changes to the industry brought about by the ongoing financial crisis o...
This report provides a round-up of recent corporate developments in the global technical textiles sector, including acquisitions, business news, financial results, investments and market forecasts....
Kermel is a leading producer of meta-aramid fibres for use in the manufacture of totally non-flammable and thermo-stable products. The company produces Kermel fibre and Kermel Tech fibres which form t...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- SuperGroup realigns supply chain to support growth
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects