UK: Levi Agrees "Exceptional" Pay-Off For Workers
GMB Scotland senior organiser in the clothing and textile section, Ian King, said Levis had agreed a "severance pay settlement deal second to none in the clothing and textile manufacturing industry in Scotland," adding the jeans maker is also paying out the full year's holiday requirement and other fringe benefits.
In January Levi Strauss announced its intention to close the plants as part of an effort to change it into "a marketing and product-driven" company.
Unions initially fought to keep the plants open, but a report produced by Professor Robert van der Meer, of Strathclyde University's Business School, made it plain there were no feasible alternatives to closure.
Companies: Levi Strauss & Co
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Wal-Mart is famous for its everyday low prices. The world's largest company continues to dramatically transform the retail landscape by exploring new growth avenues, selling new categories of merchand...
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co said it has broken free from an eight-year sales decline, but warned it expects a "challenging" 2006. ...
Casual clothing company Levi Strauss & Co has named Hilary Krane as senior vice president and general counsel as of January 2006....
After testing new body-scanning technology in the United States, Levi Strauss is now launching the service permanently in its Japanese stores this autumn....
Levi Strauss Europe is renewing an exclusive licensing agreement with DC Company to design, produce, market and distribute a range of footwear and belts for men and women under the Levi's brand label...
Jeans maker Big Star Holding has named Marek Czupryna as director general of its Polish division, Big Star Limited....
A Mexican appeals court has reversed a ruling that jeans maker Levi Strauss & Co was guilty of misguidedly targeting an ex-contractor as part of a clampdown on counterfeiting....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss and Co is relaunching its Dockers brand in the Indian market with 'never-iron' 100 per cent cotton trousers....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar