UK: Levi Agrees "Exceptional" Pay-Off For Workers
GMB Scotland senior organiser in the clothing and textile section, Ian King, said Levis had agreed a "severance pay settlement deal second to none in the clothing and textile manufacturing industry in Scotland," adding the jeans maker is also paying out the full year's holiday requirement and other fringe benefits.
In January Levi Strauss announced its intention to close the plants as part of an effort to change it into "a marketing and product-driven" company.
Unions initially fought to keep the plants open, but a report produced by Professor Robert van der Meer, of Strathclyde University's Business School, made it plain there were no feasible alternatives to closure.
Companies: Levi Strauss & Co
Wal-Mart is famous for its everyday low prices. The world's largest company continues to dramatically transform the retail landscape by exploring new growth avenues, selling new categories of merchand...
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co said it has broken free from an eight-year sales decline, but warned it expects a "challenging" 2006. ...
Casual clothing company Levi Strauss & Co has named Hilary Krane as senior vice president and general counsel as of January 2006....
After testing new body-scanning technology in the United States, Levi Strauss is now launching the service permanently in its Japanese stores this autumn....
Levi Strauss Europe is renewing an exclusive licensing agreement with DC Company to design, produce, market and distribute a range of footwear and belts for men and women under the Levi's brand label...
Jeans maker Big Star Holding has named Marek Czupryna as director general of its Polish division, Big Star Limited....
A Mexican appeals court has reversed a ruling that jeans maker Levi Strauss & Co was guilty of misguidedly targeting an ex-contractor as part of a clampdown on counterfeiting....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss and Co is relaunching its Dockers brand in the Indian market with 'never-iron' 100 per cent cotton trousers....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack