US/AUSTRALIA: Levi Strauss introduces wool-denim jeans
The jeans feature 12% Australian Merino wool and 88% fine grade cotton
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has teamed up with The Woolmark Company to unveil a wool-denim blend in its iconic Levi's 501 jeans.
The jeans combine 12% Australian Merino wool with 88% fine grade cotton - keeping wearers warmer in colder weather, Levi's says.
They also feature The Woolmark Company logo, and are available in various colours in original fit, straight fit, slim fit and shrink to fit.
Levi's said its latest innovation is "an apt development given the central role the two fibres have played in the development and culture of both countries involved; the US and Australia".
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Clothing brands and retailers including H&M, Gap and Levi Strauss are set to renew talks with the Cambodian government on Monday (26 May) over the alleged violation of worker rights in the country....
Fashion apparel maker Hampshire Group has extended its license agreement with Levi Strauss & Co. for its Dockers brand's men's tops business....
Freudenberg Far Eastern Spunweb Company says it is committing to increased transparency and openness through its decision to join the Sustainable Apparel Coalition....
Levi Strauss & Co has tapped Wal-Mart executive Marc Rosen to head up e-commerce, as the denim giant looks to strengthen its online operations....
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has seen its first-quarter profit more than halve on the back of restructuring charges and costs related to the launch of a global productivity initiative....
Spanish sustainable textile technology firm Jeanologia is building its partnership with the Vinatex group with the aim of making Vietnam a global centre of excellence in the production of jeans....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022