US: Levi Strauss objects to Polo Ralph Lauren pocket stitching
Levi Strauss told just-style today (25 July) that the complaint, filed in the federal court of San Francisco, had not been served but that the jeans firm would first open talks with Polo Ralph Lauren.
Levi's spokesperson EJ Bernacki said: "We are optimistic that we will be able to make an amicable agreement."
Polo Ralph Lauren said in a statement: "As a company with a strong brand identity, which owns unique intellectual property and recognises the importance of protecting its valuable trademark rights, Polo Ralph Lauren takes this subject matter very seriously.
"While we have not yet been served with this complaint, we believe that the designs at issue are clearly distinguishable from those of Levi's."
Companies throughout the supply chain are under growing pressure to execute a lean, mean and green business model. Joe Ayling reports from the first ever RITE Group Conference on sustainable textiles ...
Calvin Klein Inc has named Robert Vignola as president of the Calvin Klein Collection, a new role to support the luxury brand's restructuring and planned expansion....
Here is a roundup of the top five must-read stories on just-style this week. Please click on each article to read more....
Levi Strauss & Co has announced the election of T Gary Rogers, the boss of a successful ice cream firm, as the chairman of its board of directors....
A new virtual shopping tool that lets users superimpose a photo of their own face onto their 3D virtual model is set to enhance the online retail experience at brands like H&M, Adidas, Speedo and Levi...
Jeans maker Levi Strauss & Co is suing retailer Wet Seal Inc for allegedly copying Levi's trademarked pocket-stitching design....
Nike division Jordan Brand is to partner with Levi Strauss & Co to launch a new limited edition fashion collection....
Despite an 11% rise in second quarter sales, clothing and accessories dsigner Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation today (7 November) posted a 16% decline in second quarter profit as operating expenses at ne...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack