US: Levi Strauss opens new Kentucky distribution depot
US denim company Levi Strauss & Co and Workers United are today (13 September) opening a new product depot in Hebron, Kentucky.
The 151,000 square foot depot will receive products arriving from manufacturing facilities around the world, and provide additional storage capacity for the company's nearby distribution centre.
"The facility will create new jobs for the community and deepens Levi Strauss & Co's longtime commitment to the region," the company said.
Workers United represents approximately 600 employees at Levi's Hebron distribution centre.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Having delivered apparel and footwear industry news for the past decade, just-style takes a reflective look through its archives to highlight ten key themes that have helped shape the apparel industry...
Nike has announced former Levi Strauss executive Hilary Krane as its new vice president and general counsel....
Eleven global retailers, including Walmart, Gap Inc and H&M, are urging the Bangladeshi Prime Minister to take "swift action" over low wages for garment workers which they fear could taint their reput...
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022