US: Levi Strauss returns to profit in Q2
- Q2 net profit US$21m, versus loss of $14m
- Revenues up 12% to $1.1bn
- Company shows growth across all regions
Apparel company Levi Strauss & Co reversed the losses of a year ago in posting a profit for the second quarter, thanks to a double-digit surge in revenues.
In the three months to 29 May, revenues in the Americas were up by a reported 7%, while Europe and Asia Pacific returned sales increases of 17% and 19% respectively.
“Our top-line improvement demonstrates that our global strategies are working,” said John Anderson, Levi’s president and CEO.
“Around the world, the Levi’s brand is performing well as consumers are responding to our craftsmanship and compelling products.”
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Retail software specialist Maple Lake plans to increase its presence in Australia and the Pacific Rim after completing a deal to acquire Satori Planning Pty, its former distributor in the region....
Instead of our regular look at the top stories on just-style during the week, we thought a fitting end to the year would be to take a look at the top stories on just-style in 2011. What made the grade...
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co is teaming up with Mark Werts, founder of the American Rag specialty stores, to launch a new premium denim concept called Industrie Denim....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022