AUSTRALIA: Levi Strauss To Close Adelaide Factory
Jeans maker Levi Strauss is to close its factory in Adelaide's northern suburbs with the loss of 86 jobs.
The plant at Elizabeth has been producing jeans since 1974 for the local and New Zealand markets.
Levi Strauss says the closure of its Australian facilities on 26 November will allow it to reduce costs and put more resources into design and development.
Levi's other Asia-Pacific factory, based in the Philippines, will continue to operate as usual.
Companies: Levi Strauss & Co
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Wal-Mart is famous for its everyday low prices. The world's largest company continues to dramatically transform the retail landscape by exploring new growth avenues, selling new categories of merchand...
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss has bought back seven UK stores and five factory outlets from ex-franchisee Kellawn as it strives to gain more control over its retail business....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss & Co is launching a super-premium range of apparel in conjunction with a foundation paying homage to pop-culture artist Andy Warhol....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss has named Tim Larcombe, who quit sportswear major adidas last week, as general manager of its UK and Ireland businesses....
Jeans wear giant Levi Strauss & Co has won a ruling which will help its campaign against garment maker Vogue Traders Clothing Co, which allegedly copied its denim goods....
Casual clothing giant Levi Strauss & Co has reported a leap in second-quarter profit due to expense controls offsetting sales slumps....
A Mexican appeals court has reversed a ruling that jeans maker Levi Strauss & Co was guilty of misguidedly targeting an ex-contractor as part of a clampdown on counterfeiting....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss and Co is relaunching its Dockers brand in the Indian market with 'never-iron' 100 per cent cotton trousers....
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack