US: Levi's 501 marketing campaign "unbuttoned"
Jeans maker Levi Strauss & Co has launched its biggest ever marketing campaign for the Levi's 501 brand entitled "Live Unbuttoned".
"This is about stepping up and being a global leader," said John Anderson, president and CEO of Levi Strauss & Co.
"With our Levi's brand sold in more than 110 countries, we are the No 1 jeans company in the world.
"This campaign gives us a unique opportunity to let a new generation of jeans consumers around the world know that the original, quintessential 501 jean is contemporary and relevant to their lifestyle. No other jeans brand can do this."
Levi's said that the theme of its campaign centred on the experience of "unbuttoning yourself and breaking free from inhibitions and convention".
The Live Unbuttoned print ads will run globally including August issues of US magazines such as Maxim, Details, Rolling Stone, Paper and Sports Illustrated along with a series of four TV ads that will be run globally.
Outdoor advertising will also be used in key US markets including New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco, including a giant-sized, three-dimensional 501 jean that will adorn billboards throughout the LA beginning on 1 August.
The brand will also launch a collection of limited-edition button-fly button covers to support the campaign.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Hysterical headlines suggest clothing retailers' sales are in meltdown, but the numbers behind them show the sector is suffering less than retail in general. Mike Flanagan believes the real victims ar...
The Levi's brand has agreed a new licensing agreement with Oneworld Apparel for a line of misses, petites and plus size women's tops....
A pilot project is being set up in one of Egypt's garment factories to demonstrate the improvements in productivity and absenteeism that can be achieved if women are given better access to information...
Retailer Sears Holdings Corporation has hired Nick Coe from Banana Republic as the new SVP and president for its Lands' End unit....
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co is to use a web-based supply chain audit solution to help manage its corporate-wide supply chain compliance....
Nike, Levi Strauss and Timberland have formed part of a coalition demanding strong climate and energy legislation in the US next year under the tenure of president-elect Barack Obama....
Iconic denim brand Levi's has opened the company's latest retail outlet in San Francisco's historic Castro district....
Jeans maker Levi Strauss & Co is to switch to a web-based supply chain audit solution to help simplify the management of corporate-wide supply chain compliance....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts