US: Levi's appoints global marketing chief
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has named Rebecca Van Dyck as its global chief marketing officer for the Levi's brand.
Van Dyck will be responsible for the development and implementation of marketing strategies across all of the Levi's brand's product categories and consumer communication channels.
She joins the company from Apple where she led worldwide marketing and communications for product launches. Prior to this, Van Dyck worked for US sporting goods firm Nike.
"Becca is a world-class marketer whose deep understanding of consumer behaviour and innovative approach to engaging with consumers will help take the Levi's brand to the next level," said Robert Hanson, president of the global Levi's brand.
"Levi's is one of the world's most innovative and iconic brands and I am looking forward to building upon its heritage," said Van Dyck.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
While the goal for many clothing manufacturers and brands is to gain an international presence, there is a key risk associated with selling the same designs in different global markets - the more far ...
Featured research this week includes a look at the luxury goods sector, insight into the latest developments in computer aided design and an analysis of the Australian wool wholesaling sector....
News that the Vietnamese government plans to increase minimum wages garnered many readers' interest this week, while interest in sustainability continued unabated with Adidas joining Nike and Puma in ...
Sporting goods giant Adidas has become the latest company to win praise from environmental pressure group Greenpeace for pledging to eliminate the release of hazardous chemicals throughout its supply ...
Apparel companies are being invited to trial the latest version of an environmental assessment tool aimed at enabling them to benchmark and measure the sustainability of their products....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts