US: Levi's appoints global marketing chief
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co has named Rebecca Van Dyck as its global chief marketing officer for the Levi's brand.
Van Dyck will be responsible for the development and implementation of marketing strategies across all of the Levi's brand's product categories and consumer communication channels.
She joins the company from Apple where she led worldwide marketing and communications for product launches. Prior to this, Van Dyck worked for US sporting goods firm Nike.
"Becca is a world-class marketer whose deep understanding of consumer behaviour and innovative approach to engaging with consumers will help take the Levi's brand to the next level," said Robert Hanson, president of the global Levi's brand.
"Levi's is one of the world's most innovative and iconic brands and I am looking forward to building upon its heritage," said Van Dyck.
While the goal for many clothing manufacturers and brands is to gain an international presence, there is a key risk associated with selling the same designs in different global markets - the more far ...
Featured research this week includes a look at the luxury goods sector, insight into the latest developments in computer aided design and an analysis of the Australian wool wholesaling sector....
News that the Vietnamese government plans to increase minimum wages garnered many readers' interest this week, while interest in sustainability continued unabated with Adidas joining Nike and Puma in ...
Sporting goods giant Adidas has become the latest company to win praise from environmental pressure group Greenpeace for pledging to eliminate the release of hazardous chemicals throughout its supply ...
Apparel companies are being invited to trial the latest version of an environmental assessment tool aimed at enabling them to benchmark and measure the sustainability of their products....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack