USA: Levi's Expands Customised Jeans Service
"Original Spin is about individual expression and empowering our customers to create a look and fit that feels good and looks great," said Jen Crook, manager of Original Spin, Levi Strauss & Co. "Now anyone can give the gift of one-of-a-kind jeans."
The Create Your Own process is easy requires a brief Levi's Store fitting in which the customer's waist and hip measurements are taken. These measurements are entered into a computer, which suggests a prototype trial jean for the customer to try on. From there, the customer can explore a variety of options (looser/tighter, longer/shorter, fabric/texture) to determine his or her personal style and fit preferences. Create Your Own costs $55 per pair plus tax and shipping. Pants are delivered within two to three weeks of in-store fitting.
For those who know their size and only want to put a fresh spin on a favourite pair of jeans, modifying an existing Levi's brand style can be done over the Internet. Modification involves selecting the style; color; button or zipper; and size (also features expanded sizes up to 50-inches and inseams to 40 inches).
Original Spin(R) measurements and personal preferences are sent via modem to the LS&CO factory in San Antonio, Texas, where a dedicated team of sewing operators individually cut and sew each pair of jeans.
Information about the Original Spin customisation and modification services are available online at www.levi.com.
Levi Strauss created the world's first pair of jeans in 1873. Today the Levi's(R) brand is the number one jeans brand in the world. For more information about the Levi's brand, visit www.levi.com.
Companies: Levi Strauss & Co
Wal-Mart is famous for its everyday low prices. The world's largest company continues to dramatically transform the retail landscape by exploring new growth avenues, selling new categories of merchand...
For the past 20 years Wal-Mart has redefined the way most retailers and manufacturers across channels and categories have done business. Every apparel company has been affected thanks to the retail gi...
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss has bought back seven UK stores and five factory outlets from ex-franchisee Kellawn as it strives to gain more control over its retail business....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss & Co is launching a super-premium range of apparel in conjunction with a foundation paying homage to pop-culture artist Andy Warhol....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss has named Tim Larcombe, who quit sportswear major adidas last week, as general manager of its UK and Ireland businesses....
Jeans wear giant Levi Strauss & Co has won a ruling which will help its campaign against garment maker Vogue Traders Clothing Co, which allegedly copied its denim goods....
Casual clothing giant Levi Strauss & Co has reported a leap in second-quarter profit due to expense controls offsetting sales slumps....
A Mexican appeals court has reversed a ruling that jeans maker Levi Strauss & Co was guilty of misguidedly targeting an ex-contractor as part of a clampdown on counterfeiting....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020