USA: Levi's Expands Customised Jeans Service
Levi's announced that it has expanded its customisation services today with the launch of the Original Spin service. The company said that consumers can create their own jeans at any one of the 12 US-based Levi's stores or they can customise a pair of authentic Levi's jeans, cargo or carpenter pants over the Internet. "Original Spin is about individual expression and empowering our customers to create a look and fit that feels good and looks great," said Jen Crook, manager of Original Spin, Levi Strauss & Co. "Now anyone can give the gift of one-of-a-kind jeans."The Create Your Own process is easy requires a brief Levi's Store fitting in which the customer's waist and hip measurements are taken. These measurements are entered into a computer, which suggests a prototype trial jean for the customer to try on. From there, the customer can explore a variety of options (looser/tighter, longer/shorter, fabric/texture) to determine his or her personal style and fit preferences. Create Your Own costs $55 per pair plus tax and shipping. Pants are delivered within two to three weeks of in-store fitting.For those who know their size and only want to put a fresh spin on a favourite pair of jeans, modifying an existing Levi's brand style can be done over the Internet. Modification involves selecting the style; color; button or zipper; and size (also features expanded sizes up to 50-inches and inseams to 40 inches). Original Spin(R) measurements and personal preferences are sent via modem to the LS&CO factory in San Antonio, Texas, where a dedicated team of sewing operators individually cut and sew each pair of jeans.Information about the Original Spin customisation and modification services are available online at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective