UK: Levi's head of supply chain moves to Cath Kidston
Geert Peeters, senior vice president for Levi's global supply chain, has been appointed as supply chain director at Cath Kidston.
The clothing and homewares retailer confirmed the appointment today (12 July), adding that he will join later this year.
Peeters has held various positions at denim giant Levi Strauss, including vice president of supply chain for Europe, Middle East, Africa and South Asia. Prior to that, he served as director of logistics for Europe at fashion group VF Corp.
Earlier this week, Cath Kidston announced Neil Harrington, the former Mothercare CFO, will also join the company.
From toxic T-shirts to virtual fitting rooms, defamatory garments and compostable shoes, the clothing and textiles industry in 2012 was anything but dull....
Textile-making countries came up against a range of labour, economic and environmental issues in 2012, including the worsening Eurozone crisis which dampened demand in key export markets. While some s...
Weak consumer spending, difficulties in securing credit, competition from China and the Far East resulted in factory closures and subsequent layoffs in 2012. But ramping up labour and sustainability s...
Among the industry executives who spoke with just-style this year were Ranjan Mahtani, CEO of Epic Group; Henry Tan, CEO of Luen Thai Holdings; Andrew Lo, CEO of Crystal Group; and Marks & Spencer's K...
US children's wear retailer Gymboree has named Gap North America president Mark Breitbard as its new CEO....
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
US based teen apparel retailer The Wet Seal has named board member John Goodman as its new CEO, replacing Susan McGalla who left the company at the end of July last year....
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- SuperGroup CFO leaves over own bankruptcy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide