UK: Levi's head of supply chain moves to Cath Kidston
Geert Peeters, senior vice president for Levi's global supply chain, has been appointed as supply chain director at Cath Kidston.
The clothing and homewares retailer confirmed the appointment today (12 July), adding that he will join later this year.
Peeters has held various positions at denim giant Levi Strauss, including vice president of supply chain for Europe, Middle East, Africa and South Asia. Prior to that, he served as director of logistics for Europe at fashion group VF Corp.
Earlier this week, Cath Kidston announced Neil Harrington, the former Mothercare CFO, will also join the company.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
From toxic T-shirts to virtual fitting rooms, defamatory garments and compostable shoes, the clothing and textiles industry in 2012 was anything but dull....
Textile-making countries came up against a range of labour, economic and environmental issues in 2012, including the worsening Eurozone crisis which dampened demand in key export markets. While some s...
Weak consumer spending, difficulties in securing credit, competition from China and the Far East resulted in factory closures and subsequent layoffs in 2012. But ramping up labour and sustainability s...
Among the industry executives who spoke with just-style this year were Ranjan Mahtani, CEO of Epic Group; Henry Tan, CEO of Luen Thai Holdings; Andrew Lo, CEO of Crystal Group; and Marks & Spencer's K...
US children's wear retailer Gymboree has named Gap North America president Mark Breitbard as its new CEO....
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
US based teen apparel retailer The Wet Seal has named board member John Goodman as its new CEO, replacing Susan McGalla who left the company at the end of July last year....
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects