US: Levis Strauss expands Signature jeans line
The new styles will be available from Wal-Mart this autumn
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co is expanding its low-price Signature jeans range at Walmart stores with a number of new styles for women and doubling the in-store presence of its men's line.
The new women's styles include the Simply Stretch Skinny jean, the Skinny jean, the Modern Boot Cut jean and the brand's Totally Slimming jeans in a mid rise straight style. The Curvy line, which is available in boot cut and skinny styles, will be introduced soon.
The jeans will be available this autumn at Walmart stores in the US for under US$20.
"We are constantly striving to build a better women's jean," said Mary Shoval, senior merchant for Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.
Meanwhile, the Signature by Levi Strauss & Co men's line is doubling its in-store presence at Walmart, expanding into 2,000 stores.
Textile-making countries came up against a range of labour, economic and environmental issues in 2012, including the worsening Eurozone crisis which dampened demand in key export markets. While some s...
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
Weak consumer spending, difficulties in securing credit, competition from China and the Far East resulted in factory closures and subsequent layoffs in 2012. But ramping up labour and sustainability s...
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co has seen its fourth-quarter and full-year net profit rise after a tax benefit and lower cotton prices helped offset a fall in sales....
Apparel company Limited Brands, owner of lingerie brands Victoria's Secret and La Senza, has become the 14th major business to pledge to eliminate all releases of hazardous chemicals throughout its su...
Italian fashion brand Benetton is to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its entire global supply chain and products by 2020....
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change