US: Levis Strauss expands Signature jeans line
The new styles will be available from Wal-Mart this autumn
Denim giant Levi Strauss & Co is expanding its low-price Signature jeans range at Walmart stores with a number of new styles for women and doubling the in-store presence of its men's line.
The new women's styles include the Simply Stretch Skinny jean, the Skinny jean, the Modern Boot Cut jean and the brand's Totally Slimming jeans in a mid rise straight style. The Curvy line, which is available in boot cut and skinny styles, will be introduced soon.
The jeans will be available this autumn at Walmart stores in the US for under US$20.
"We are constantly striving to build a better women's jean," said Mary Shoval, senior merchant for Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.
Meanwhile, the Signature by Levi Strauss & Co men's line is doubling its in-store presence at Walmart, expanding into 2,000 stores.
Textile-making countries came up against a range of labour, economic and environmental issues in 2012, including the worsening Eurozone crisis which dampened demand in key export markets. While some s...
Weak consumer spending, difficulties in securing credit, competition from China and the Far East resulted in factory closures and subsequent layoffs in 2012. But ramping up labour and sustainability s...
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co has seen its fourth-quarter and full-year net profit rise after a tax benefit and lower cotton prices helped offset a fall in sales....
Apparel company Limited Brands, owner of lingerie brands Victoria's Secret and La Senza, has become the 14th major business to pledge to eliminate all releases of hazardous chemicals throughout its su...
Italian fashion brand Benetton is to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its entire global supply chain and products by 2020....
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
Levi Strauss, the world's largest jeans manufacturer, has pledged to phase out hazardous chemicals from its supply chain by 2020, following pressure from environmental group Greenpeace....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)