USA: Levi's Takes A Stand Against Gun Violence
Demonstrating its continued support of music, Levi's® Jeans announced today its sponsorship of double platinum R&B recording star D'Angelo's summer concert tour. Michael "D'Angelo" Archer will tour the States as the headlining act of Levi's® Presents D'Angelo -- the brand's second summer concert series. The tour includes a partnership with PAX, an anti-gun violence organization, designed to engage and activate youth to take a stand against the gun violence epidemic.The national tour, which begins July 29 in Chicago and travels to more than 20 markets, was announced during an event featuring D'Angelo and 2,000 students at Hamilton High School. Sharing the stage with D'Angelo to kick-off this summer's activities were Columbine High School student Devon Adams; PAX Co-founders Daniel Gross and Talmage Cooley; and PAX Students Co-Chairs Ben Gelt and David Winkler.During the event, D'Angelo was the first to sign this year's Levi's® Denim Wall to show his support for the powerful movement of PAX's Youth Petition to End Gun Violence. The petition represents America's youth and is intended to foster the implementation of common sense solutions for gun violence. This summer Gelt and Winkler will travel with the Levi's® Presents D'Angelo tour to collect signatures on the wall. Each signature collected contributes to PAX's goal of gathering one million signatures. Individuals not attending a D'Angelo show this summer can log onto
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report