US: Levi’s to join Ekocycle recycling movement
Apparel business Levi Strauss & Co is to join Ekocycle – a movement promoting the development and sale of lifestyle products using recycled materials.
The initiative, launched by singer will.i.am and Coca-Cola, already numbers cap company New Era among its participants.
Now Levi’s is to release limited edition Levi’s 501 Waste<Less jeans, made with an average of eight recycled assorted plastic bottles per pair, which will retail for US$128 from April next year, with global distribution.
Meanwhile, New Era is launching an Ekocycle Cap Collection, featuring a 59Fifty fitted cap and a 9Fifty strapback, selling at $30-45 and made from a recycled fabric containing traditional polyester and recycled plastic.
Ekocycle is poised to announce further products and collaborations, from everyday pieces to luxury items, in 2013.
Companies: Levi Strauss
Menswear in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descripti...
America's Save Our Industries Act, also known as the SAVE Act, which would give a range of Philippines-made apparel duty-free access to the US, looks increasingly likely to be implemented. And the Fil...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including e-commerce software, environmentally friendly apparel, environmentally friendly dyeing me...
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co has appointed Roy Bagattini as president of its commercial operations in the Asia Pacific region....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies