US: Levi’s to join Ekocycle recycling movement
Apparel business Levi Strauss & Co is to join Ekocycle – a movement promoting the development and sale of lifestyle products using recycled materials.
The initiative, launched by singer will.i.am and Coca-Cola, already numbers cap company New Era among its participants.
Now Levi’s is to release limited edition Levi’s 501 Waste<Less jeans, made with an average of eight recycled assorted plastic bottles per pair, which will retail for US$128 from April next year, with global distribution.
Meanwhile, New Era is launching an Ekocycle Cap Collection, featuring a 59Fifty fitted cap and a 9Fifty strapback, selling at $30-45 and made from a recycled fabric containing traditional polyester and recycled plastic.
Ekocycle is poised to announce further products and collaborations, from everyday pieces to luxury items, in 2013.
Companies: Levi Strauss
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including e-commerce software, environmentally friendly apparel, environmentally friendly dyeing me...
America's Save Our Industries Act, also known as the SAVE Act, which would give a range of Philippines-made apparel duty-free access to the US, looks increasingly likely to be implemented. And the Fil...
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co has appointed Roy Bagattini as president of its commercial operations in the Asia Pacific region....
A new study into the impact of the branded clothing sector on the European economy is calling for a shift in thinking when it comes to setting out trade policies to include the full breadth of the ind...
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report