US: Levi’s to join Ekocycle recycling movement
Apparel business Levi Strauss & Co is to join Ekocycle – a movement promoting the development and sale of lifestyle products using recycled materials.
The initiative, launched by singer will.i.am and Coca-Cola, already numbers cap company New Era among its participants.
Now Levi’s is to release limited edition Levi’s 501 Waste<Less jeans, made with an average of eight recycled assorted plastic bottles per pair, which will retail for US$128 from April next year, with global distribution.
Meanwhile, New Era is launching an Ekocycle Cap Collection, featuring a 59Fifty fitted cap and a 9Fifty strapback, selling at $30-45 and made from a recycled fabric containing traditional polyester and recycled plastic.
Ekocycle is poised to announce further products and collaborations, from everyday pieces to luxury items, in 2013.
Companies: Levi Strauss
Menswear in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descripti...
America's Save Our Industries Act, also known as the SAVE Act, which would give a range of Philippines-made apparel duty-free access to the US, looks increasingly likely to be implemented. And the Fil...
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including e-commerce software, environmentally friendly apparel, environmentally friendly dyeing me...
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co has appointed Roy Bagattini as president of its commercial operations in the Asia Pacific region....
- Garment firms set sights on Vietnam amid TPP talks
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Changes in China cotton policies cause uncertainty
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Wage strike by Cambodia garment workers falls flat
- H&M still committed to higher wages and Bangladesh
- Vietnam Q1 textile and garment exports surge 21.9%
- Alliance inspections more than 50% complete
- Gap to grow China sales to $1bn in three years
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy