US: Levi’s to join Ekocycle recycling movement
Apparel business Levi Strauss & Co is to join Ekocycle – a movement promoting the development and sale of lifestyle products using recycled materials.
The initiative, launched by singer will.i.am and Coca-Cola, already numbers cap company New Era among its participants.
Now Levi’s is to release limited edition Levi’s 501 Waste<Less jeans, made with an average of eight recycled assorted plastic bottles per pair, which will retail for US$128 from April next year, with global distribution.
Meanwhile, New Era is launching an Ekocycle Cap Collection, featuring a 59Fifty fitted cap and a 9Fifty strapback, selling at $30-45 and made from a recycled fabric containing traditional polyester and recycled plastic.
Ekocycle is poised to announce further products and collaborations, from everyday pieces to luxury items, in 2013.
Companies: Levi Strauss
America's Save Our Industries Act, also known as the SAVE Act, which would give a range of Philippines-made apparel duty-free access to the US, looks increasingly likely to be implemented. And the Fil...
Jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co has appointed Roy Bagattini as president of its commercial operations in the Asia Pacific region....
A new study into the impact of the branded clothing sector on the European economy is calling for a shift in thinking when it comes to setting out trade policies to include the full breadth of the ind...
New research released this week has linked international fashion brands to a textile plant in West Java that is accused of dumping industrial wastewater containing a cocktail of toxic and hazardous ch...
A new water discharge monitoring service has been introduced to help textile manufacturers eliminate pollution of waterways and demonstrate their environmental credentials....
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Clothing and cotton still on child labour list
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- M&S edit highlights ethically sourced fashion
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields