US: LF USA eyes expansion at new Greensboro office
LF USA, a subsidiary of Hong Kong based consumer goods sourcing giant Li & Fung Limited, has opened new offices in Greensboro, North Carolina and hinted that expansion is likely.
With a total of 30,000 square feet, the LF USA office on Grandover Parkway will house key support functions including accounting and finance, treasury management, transaction services, logistics and customs compliance.
The company has already hired 145 workers and expects to lift this to 200 by the end of the year.
"We have an aggressive style about how we go about building these businesses. I think that will continue," Rick Darling, LF USA president, said yesterday (6 February). "We doubled the size of our business every three years. That's our game plan, and we intend to continue to do that."
Li & Fung employs around 27,000 staff globally, with its US business headquartered in New York. It also operates around 240 offices and distribution centres and has access to a sourcing network of over 15,000 suppliers.
The company manages the clothing and footwear supply chain for major department stores and mass retailers like Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom's, Macy's, Kohl's, JCPenney and Walmart. Its portfolio also includes brands and licenses for women, men and kids such as Coach and Calvin Klein footwear, Frye boots, Hurley, Rocawear, Under Armour and fashion lifestyle collections such as Rachel Zoe, Sofia Vergara and Jennifer Lopez.
"After extensive research, we chose Greensboro, as we believe it's the right place to locate our support functions," Darling added. "Greensboro has a great community, a huge pool of talent, and is a historic hub for our industry."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' July 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
US department store operator Neiman Marcus saw fourth-quarter revenues increase because of strong gains in the company's online business....
Clothing and footwear firms including Nike, Marks & Spencer, Levi Strauss and Walmart are among those backing a new tool designed to measure sustainability and environmental impact across the industry...
Upscale department store operator Nordstrom has confirmed to just-style that it is "actively" talking to developers about its first potential stores in Canada....
US department store operator Nordstom has teamed up with UK retail group Arcadia to sell the Topshop and Topman brands in 14 of its US stores....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)