HONG KONG: Li & Fung $500m bond issue to fund acquisitions
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung is to issue $500m of perpetual bonds to raise funds for “strategic acquisitions and business development”, the company said.
Li & Fung said the cash injection would enable it to take advantage of shifts in the global economy and in consumer trends, particularly in Asia and especially in China.
The perpetual bonds will be listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange, with investors being sought in Asia and Europe, the company added.
Social and environmental compliance are the main issues facing today's apparel supply chains, according to industry experts consulted by just-style. The continued shift towards faster and faster fashi...
European retailers C&A, Kik and El Corte Ingles will contribute to a compensation plan for the victims of the Tazreen Fashions fire in Bangladesh in November last year. ...
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung Ltd has seen its full-year profit slump despite a slight rise in turnover, blaming ongoing restructuring costs and weakness in its distribution business....
Men's Wearhouse has today (6 March) appointed Jon Kimmins as executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer. ...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- Apparel and textiles rank high on EU alert system
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019