HONG KONG: Li & Fung $500m bond issue to fund acquisitions
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung is to issue $500m of perpetual bonds to raise funds for “strategic acquisitions and business development”, the company said.
Li & Fung said the cash injection would enable it to take advantage of shifts in the global economy and in consumer trends, particularly in Asia and especially in China.
The perpetual bonds will be listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange, with investors being sought in Asia and Europe, the company added.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Social and environmental compliance are the main issues facing today's apparel supply chains, according to industry experts consulted by just-style. The continued shift towards faster and faster fashi...
European retailers C&A, Kik and El Corte Ingles will contribute to a compensation plan for the victims of the Tazreen Fashions fire in Bangladesh in November last year. ...
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung Ltd has seen its full-year profit slump despite a slight rise in turnover, blaming ongoing restructuring costs and weakness in its distribution business....
Men's Wearhouse has today (6 March) appointed Jon Kimmins as executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer. ...
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)