HONG KONG: Li & Fung $500m bond issue to fund acquisitions
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung is to issue $500m of perpetual bonds to raise funds for “strategic acquisitions and business development”, the company said.
Li & Fung said the cash injection would enable it to take advantage of shifts in the global economy and in consumer trends, particularly in Asia and especially in China.
The perpetual bonds will be listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange, with investors being sought in Asia and Europe, the company added.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Social and environmental compliance are the main issues facing today's apparel supply chains, according to industry experts consulted by just-style. The continued shift towards faster and faster fashi...
European retailers C&A, Kik and El Corte Ingles will contribute to a compensation plan for the victims of the Tazreen Fashions fire in Bangladesh in November last year. ...
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung Ltd has seen its full-year profit slump despite a slight rise in turnover, blaming ongoing restructuring costs and weakness in its distribution business....
Men's Wearhouse has today (6 March) appointed Jon Kimmins as executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer. ...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape