HONG KONG: Li & Fung $500m bond issue to fund acquisitions
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung is to issue $500m of perpetual bonds to raise funds for “strategic acquisitions and business development”, the company said.
Li & Fung said the cash injection would enable it to take advantage of shifts in the global economy and in consumer trends, particularly in Asia and especially in China.
The perpetual bonds will be listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange, with investors being sought in Asia and Europe, the company added.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Social and environmental compliance are the main issues facing today's apparel supply chains, according to industry experts consulted by just-style. The continued shift towards faster and faster fashi...
European retailers C&A, Kik and El Corte Ingles will contribute to a compensation plan for the victims of the Tazreen Fashions fire in Bangladesh in November last year. ...
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung Ltd has seen its full-year profit slump despite a slight rise in turnover, blaming ongoing restructuring costs and weakness in its distribution business....
Men's Wearhouse has today (6 March) appointed Jon Kimmins as executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer. ...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015