Li & Fung buys Primark supplier May Trading
Li & Fung has bought Primark and Next supplier May Trading
May Trading, which supplies clothing to a number of well-known high street multiples, fell into administration at the end of October after millions of dollars were reportedly stolen from its Bangladesh factory.
Administrators Markowitz, Herbold, Glade & Mehlhaf confirmed that LF Europe, a division of Li & Fung, has acquired certain assets from the liquidators of MA (HK) Limited and from the administrators of May Trading (UK) Ltd. with effect from 4 December. The assets include the existing order book, some finished stock and certain IP rights.
The administrators said: "These assets will form part of LF Europe's private label European Apparel Group (EAG), which already consists of two leading UK apparel companies Visage and Just Jamie, and it will be operating under the trading name May Trading."
A spokesperson for May Trading told just-style: "An update regarding the sale will be provided to creditors in the joint administrators’ report to creditors and statement of proposals, which is due to be sent this month."
For our annual briefing on apparel industry issues to watch in the year ahead, just-style has again asked leading executives for their feedback on the challenges and opportunities likely to emerge in ...
Spanish department store retailer El Corte Inglés and international development organisation BRAC have made "significant" donations into the Tazreen compensation fund, three days after the third anniv...
Global Brands Group has acquired hosiery design, marketing and distribution company Planet Sox as part of plans to bolster its presence in the sock industry. ...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores