HONG KONG: Li & Fung Enjoys Strong H1, Eyes Levi Deal
The company, which manages supply chains for companies such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Limited Brands and Reebok, posted a net profit of HK$414 million (US$53m) versus HK$340m in the same period of 2002.
Revenue jumped 26.5 per cent to HK$18.1 billion from HK$14.3bn on the back of market share gains and its acquisition of Janco Overseas Ltd, a buying agent for US supermarkets.
It added it is close to signing a deal with US jeans giant Levi Strauss & Co which will see it design, make and market clothing under the Levi Strauss Signature label in the US for the autumn of 2004.
"Judging from orders on hand and indications from our customers, we anticipate that the pace of double-digit increases in turnover will continue in the second half," group managing director William Fung said.
He addd: "This year the company will definitely have some acquisitions."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Levi Strauss Europe is renewing an exclusive licensing agreement with DC Company to design, produce, market and distribute a range of footwear and belts for men and women under the Levi's brand label...
Mike Skinner, who fronts UK urban music act The Streets, has won a deal to be the new face of US sportswear giant Reebok....
The world's second-biggest sportswear maker, adidas-Salomon, has announced that it is buying smaller rival Reebok in a deal worth €3.1 billion....
L&M Resources Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of Victory Capital Holdings Corporation, has bought the sales and distribution rights to the Reebok Retro Sports Tee Shirt line for all of Mexico and South...
Sports goods company Reebok International Ltd has reported an increased second-quarter profit, encouraged by good international sales....
Global sportswear company Reebok has netted a long-term partnership deal with multi platinum-selling hip-hop music star Nelly....
Reebok Norway AS, the Norwegian unit of sportswear company Reebok, saw 2004 turnover almost half from 2002 turnover....
Casual apparel giant Levi Strauss & Co has launched its first Vietnamese jeans outlet, according to state-controlled media....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts