HONG KONG: Li & Fung FY net profit in 21% surge
- FY net profit up 21% to US$755m
- Company highlights LF USA turnaround
- To pursue spin-off of Global Brands Group
Global sourcing and supply business Li & Fung recorded a stronger than expected full-year net profit in 2013, boosted by the turnaround of its LF USA division.
The Hong Kong-based company also highlighted a strong performance from its Distribution Network, the continued growth of its Logistics Network, and “solid” results from its Trading Network.
“Overall, 2013 was a year of substantive progress and created an even stronger foundation to support our position as a global leader in our industry for years to come,” said Bruce Rockowitz, group president and CEO.
“We created many positive changes at LF USA which have put that part of the business back on track, and we drove improvement in the group’s overall margins and profitability even while continuing to invest in select strategic areas.”
Li & Fung also unveiled further details of the company’s next three-year plan, covering the period from 2014 to 2016.
Restructuring would include the creation of a new Global Brands Group covering the company’s brands and licensing business, and potentially to be spun off as a separate listed business.
That follows January’s announcement of a new Vendor Support Services business unit to help improve factory and worker safety in the wake of disasters such as Tazreen and Rana Plaza.
Click on the following link for more insight: Brands spin-off headlines new Li & Fung masterplan.
Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Glo...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
Fashion apparel, footwear, and accessories business Global Brands Group has widened its net loss in the first half as a result of increased investment in new brand additions....
Fashion apparel, footwear, and accessories business Global Brands Group has extended its sleepwear licensing arrangement with Disney Consumer Products....
Product lifecycle management (PLM) software provider Centric Software has opened its first Asian office in Shanghai, as part of efforts to expand its presence in the region....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report