HONG KONG: Li & Fung names Lam CFO
Sourcing giant Li & Fung has appointed former Citigroup investment banker Ed Lam as its chief financial officer to develop the group's growth and acquisition strategy.
Reporting to Spencer Fung, who was named group chief operating officer in April, Lam will take up his position on 5 November.
Lam has previously worked with Li & Fung on acquisitions, corporate loans and equity placements while working at Citigroup. Prior to this, he served as executive director at Morgan Stanley and worked at Coopers & Lybrand as an audit engagement manager.
Fung said: "Li & Fung has entered a new era of growth with our three global networks, and we are committed to further strengthen our strategic finance function to better allow us to capture the opportunities via our organic growth and acquisition strategy."
Social and environmental compliance are the main issues facing today's apparel supply chains, according to industry experts consulted by just-style. The continued shift towards faster and faster fashi...
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung Ltd has seen its full-year profit slump despite a slight rise in turnover, blaming ongoing restructuring costs and weakness in its distribution business....
Men's Wearhouse has today (6 March) appointed Jon Kimmins as executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer. ...
The most read stories on just-style this week include Puma launching its first closed-loop apparel and accessories collection, the global federation representing garment workers pledging its commitmen...
Apparel firm Fifth & Pacific has moved its distribution operations to a company-owned facility in Ohio after its agreement with global sourcing giant Li & Fung expired last month....
International apparel retailers are looking to strengthen their presence in lower-tier cities in China amid increasing competition, a report by the Li & Fung Research Centre has found....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies