HONG KONG: Li & Fung names Lam CFO
Sourcing giant Li & Fung has appointed former Citigroup investment banker Ed Lam as its chief financial officer to develop the group's growth and acquisition strategy.
Reporting to Spencer Fung, who was named group chief operating officer in April, Lam will take up his position on 5 November.
Lam has previously worked with Li & Fung on acquisitions, corporate loans and equity placements while working at Citigroup. Prior to this, he served as executive director at Morgan Stanley and worked at Coopers & Lybrand as an audit engagement manager.
Fung said: "Li & Fung has entered a new era of growth with our three global networks, and we are committed to further strengthen our strategic finance function to better allow us to capture the opportunities via our organic growth and acquisition strategy."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Social and environmental compliance are the main issues facing today's apparel supply chains, according to industry experts consulted by just-style. The continued shift towards faster and faster fashi...
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung Ltd has seen its full-year profit slump despite a slight rise in turnover, blaming ongoing restructuring costs and weakness in its distribution business....
Men's Wearhouse has today (6 March) appointed Jon Kimmins as executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer. ...
The most read stories on just-style this week include Puma launching its first closed-loop apparel and accessories collection, the global federation representing garment workers pledging its commitmen...
Apparel firm Fifth & Pacific has moved its distribution operations to a company-owned facility in Ohio after its agreement with global sourcing giant Li & Fung expired last month....
International apparel retailers are looking to strengthen their presence in lower-tier cities in China amid increasing competition, a report by the Li & Fung Research Centre has found....
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects