CHINA: Li & Fung Profit Up By 51 Per Cent
Export trading firm Li & Fung revealed a substantial increase in net profit on Monday. Last year's profit stood at HK870.39m ($73.67m), up 51 per cent from the year before. Turnover grew 53 per cent to HK$24.99bn ($3.2bn). Strong growth in Li & Fung's US retail sales had boosted profits while group managing director William Fung said the company's recent acquisitions made up about 21 per cent of the growth in turnover.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores