HONG KONG: Li & Fung to acquire Synergies Worldwide?
Apparel and consumer goods supplier Li & Fung is reportedly in advanced talks to acquire apparel sourcing agent Synergies Worldwide.
The deal is expected to help Li & Fung gain better traction in the fast fashion and discount clothing market, Reuters reported. The Hong Kong-based company is talking about the finer points of the agreement, the report added.
However, a spokesperson for Li & Fung said: "Li & Fung does not comment on market rumour."
Synergies Worldwide, which has denim research and development laboratories in Bangladesh, Pakistan and China, establishes offices for importers and brands in these sourcing countries.
In August, Li & Fung posted a 22% fall in core operating profits during the first half of the year, despite turnover increasing. It expects core operating profit to reach US$1.5bn by 2013 as part of its three-year plan.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Social and environmental compliance are the main issues facing today's apparel supply chains, according to industry experts consulted by just-style. The continued shift towards faster and faster fashi...
Global sourcing giant Li & Fung Ltd has seen its full-year profit slump despite a slight rise in turnover, blaming ongoing restructuring costs and weakness in its distribution business....
Men's Wearhouse has today (6 March) appointed Jon Kimmins as executive vice president, chief financial officer and treasurer. ...
The most read stories on just-style this week include Puma launching its first closed-loop apparel and accessories collection, the global federation representing garment workers pledging its commitmen...
Apparel firm Fifth & Pacific has moved its distribution operations to a company-owned facility in Ohio after its agreement with global sourcing giant Li & Fung expired last month....
International apparel retailers are looking to strengthen their presence in lower-tier cities in China amid increasing competition, a report by the Li & Fung Research Centre has found....
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Myanmar textile association to lift garment makers
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis