HONG KONG: Li & Fung to take IDS private
Shares in supplier Li & Fung were suspended today (10 August) as the company announced its proposal to take its Integrated Distribution Services (IDS) business private.
Shares in IDS, a company focused on transportation, were also suspended on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
The suspension was pending a further announcement on the move, Li & Fung said.
Faced with rising apparel costs and the likelihood that 2011 will be a perfect storm of pricing uncertainty - or what Mike Todaro, managing director of AAPN (the American Apparel Producers' Network) d...
While some retailers continued to be vulnerable to cost-cutting, swingeing redundancies and store closures in 2010, others acted swiftly to respond to the changing economic circumstances, offering rea...
Retailer Kmart is teaming up with the US unit of sourcing giant Li & Fung Limited and Latin World Entertainment Licensing to launch a new lifestyle collection by Hispanic actress Sofia Vergara....
New manufacturing, fabric and design sources from around the world will be on show for private label retailers and branded apparel companies at the Sourcing at MAGIC trade show in February....
Apparel group Oxford Industries has completed the deal to sell its Oxford Apparel business for US$121.7m to LF USA, a subsidiary of consumer goods giant Li & Fung....
Apparel group Oxford Industries posted an increase in third quarter earnings per share thanks to strong growth from the company's Tommy Bahama brand....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack