CHINA: Li Ning deploys FlexPLM to support growth
Leading Chinese sporting goods provider Li Ning has invested in a product lifecycle management (PLM) system to help drive its corporate expansion and globalisation initiatives.
As the first Chinese manufacturer to adopt PTC's retail, footwear, and apparel solution FlexPLM, it will use the tool for line planning, product data management and change management.
Li Ning hopes to boost its product development and enhance the quality of products and materials through accurate specifications.
The configurable Web-based tool will replace the company's current manual processes for line planning, product design, the development of specifications and materials, and sample management.
"Historically, Li Ning (China) has used Microsoft Excel and Project to manage the product development process, however these technologies lack the essential capabilities necessary to achieve our business objectives," said Guo Jianxin, chief operating officer, Li Ning (China) Sports Goods Co Ltd.
He added the company is now "establishing a complete system for product development that has the unique features we need to be competitive."
Li Ning designs, makes and sells sportswear, sports shoes, and sports equipment.
Lectra has promoted Philippe Ribera as software marketing director responsible for the definition and implementation of the group's software marketing action plans - including the Lectra Fashion PLM (...
TradeStone Software has released a new Creative Design module that further extends and strengthens its PLM capabilities....
US-based Gerber Technology has announced the strategic acquisition of supply chain technology firm Yunique Solutions....
Stony Apparel, maker of branded and private label fashion for girls and juniors, is implementing the Global Enterprise System software suite from NGC (New Generation Computing) to help streamline busi...
Canadian fashion and footwear retailer Le Chateau Inc has selected TradeStone's merchandise lifecycle management software to help grow its international sourcing and product development....
New features and a standardised interface between its Fashion PLM tool and full M3 Enterprise Management System are among the latest updates to Lawson's product lifecycle management (PLM) solution....
Apparel software firm Visual 2000 International has unveiled the latest release of its PLM (product lifecycle management) solution ahead of schedule....
NGC (New Generation Computing) has added new analytic and reporting capabilities to its PLM, global sourcing and ERP solutions to help companies speed their decision-making....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Under Armour makes lifestyle push with new brand
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Transparency index to expand to 100 brands
- Gap joins Better Cotton Initiative
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020