SINGAPORE: Li Ning moves into badminton with new store
China-based sports goods company Li Ning has opened its first flagship store in Singapore, marking the group's expansion into the south-east Asia badminton market.
The company describes the new store at the ION Orchard mall as a "badminton paradise", including badminton sportswear and a wide range of racquets.
Li Ning Company CFO Nicholas Chong said: "The decision to launch our first Li Ning flagship store out of China, in cosmopolitan Singapore city, is an important step of the group's strategy in sports category differentiation and brand internationalisation."
He added that expansion into the market showed the company's determination to become the sports brand "synonymous with badminton", as well as laying a foundation for future international expansion.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020