CHINA: Li Ning opens US design office – paper
Li Ning, China's largest sports wear and athletic footwear company, has made its first foray into the US with the opening of a design office in Portland, Oregon.
According to AP reports, the company has set up Li Ning Sports USA Inc "to design athletic shoes and apparel, and to engage in any lawful business".
Oregon Corporation Division records confirm that the company was officially established in August 2007.
Li Ning joins fellow sportswear giants Nike and Adidas America in basing itself in Oregon, two years after the company signed its first NBA endorsement deal with Cleveland Cavaliers basketball player Damon Jones.
In September last year, Li Ning posted first half profit up 52.6% to CNY198.27m (US$27.4m), with revenues up 39.2% to CNY1,909m.
The company, set up by former Olympic gymnast Li Ning, is China's third biggest selling producer of athletic footwear behind Nike and Adidas.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
China’s home-grown sportswear brands will have their biggest opportunity yet to raise international visibility this year. But even as they vie for the best routes to Beijing’s Olympic Games coverage, ...
In the wake of recent allegations about sourcing practices at three fashion retailers, Jozef De Coster looks at a pan-European organisation - the Business Social Compliance Initiative - which believes...
Apparel manufacturers in Singapore hope to boost their business with buyers around the world through a new seal of approval - called Apparel Singapore - that stresses their compliance with intellectua...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Sporting goods firm Nike has confirmed to just-style that its withdrawal of its "Air Stab" shoe was forced by the current climate of knife crime in the UK, but distanced the 20-year old product from k...
Plastic clog maker Crocs has reported that the US Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has accepted the CrocsRx Custom Cloud model into its diabetic shoe programme....
A US court has issued a preliminary injunction against discount shoe chain Payless ShoeSource Inc after deciding that its use of the American Eagle mark for footwear and bags infringes the trademark o...
A spate of fatal knife attacks across the UK has forced Nike to withdraw its "Air Stab" shoe from its Nike Town store in London....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Oxford Industries, Shoe Carnival
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective