US: Libby Edelman to rejoin Sam Edelman brand
Libby Edelman is to rejoin women's footwear brand Sam Edelman to help drive marketing and licensing of the line as it expands into new markets, including intimate apparel and outerwear.
The Brown Shoe Company-owned brand said Edelman will provide "creative vision".
"Libby has been an integral part of the success of the Sam Edelman brand over the years, and we are thrilled to have her back on the team," said Diane Sullivan, president and CEO of Brown Shoe Company.
"Nobody knows Sam better than Libby, and she can help take his voice and integrate it throughout everything the brand is doing, from footwear to intimate apparel to outwear."
The couple has worked together for more than 30 years, launching the Esprit footwear business in 1983 and the Sam & Libby brand in 1987.
Two campaigns carried out over the past two years by two groups of activists have achieved very different results. Whereas Greenpeace has successfully corralled major brands and retailers into its Det...
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo today (14 February) said it has seen its third-quarter profit and revenues increase, boosted by gains in its apparel business....
Women's wear retailer Cache has appointed Jay Margolis as its chairman and chief executive officer, replacing Thomas Reinckens who has stepped down....
Vida Shoes International, a licensee of fashion footwear brands including Baby Phat, Phat Farm, Esprit and Osh Kosh, has acquired the Andre Assous company....
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
Hong Kong-based clothing brand Esprit has issued a first-half profit warning as the company continues with efforts to restructure its business....
Environmental campaign group Greenpeace has launched a campaign calling on denim giant Levi Strauss & Co to commit to eliminating certain chemical substances from its garments and manufacturing proces...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- PSF 2014: Ten sustainability takeaways
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy