US: Libby Edelman to rejoin Sam Edelman brand
Libby Edelman is to rejoin women's footwear brand Sam Edelman to help drive marketing and licensing of the line as it expands into new markets, including intimate apparel and outerwear.
The Brown Shoe Company-owned brand said Edelman will provide "creative vision".
"Libby has been an integral part of the success of the Sam Edelman brand over the years, and we are thrilled to have her back on the team," said Diane Sullivan, president and CEO of Brown Shoe Company.
"Nobody knows Sam better than Libby, and she can help take his voice and integrate it throughout everything the brand is doing, from footwear to intimate apparel to outwear."
The couple has worked together for more than 30 years, launching the Esprit footwear business in 1983 and the Sam & Libby brand in 1987.
Two campaigns carried out over the past two years by two groups of activists have achieved very different results. Whereas Greenpeace has successfully corralled major brands and retailers into its Det...
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo today (14 February) said it has seen its third-quarter profit and revenues increase, boosted by gains in its apparel business....
Women's wear retailer Cache has appointed Jay Margolis as its chairman and chief executive officer, replacing Thomas Reinckens who has stepped down....
Vida Shoes International, a licensee of fashion footwear brands including Baby Phat, Phat Farm, Esprit and Osh Kosh, has acquired the Andre Assous company....
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
Hong Kong-based clothing brand Esprit has issued a first-half profit warning as the company continues with efforts to restructure its business....
Environmental campaign group Greenpeace has launched a campaign calling on denim giant Levi Strauss & Co to commit to eliminating certain chemical substances from its garments and manufacturing proces...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts