US: Libby Edelman to rejoin Sam Edelman brand
Libby Edelman is to rejoin women's footwear brand Sam Edelman to help drive marketing and licensing of the line as it expands into new markets, including intimate apparel and outerwear.
The Brown Shoe Company-owned brand said Edelman will provide "creative vision".
"Libby has been an integral part of the success of the Sam Edelman brand over the years, and we are thrilled to have her back on the team," said Diane Sullivan, president and CEO of Brown Shoe Company.
"Nobody knows Sam better than Libby, and she can help take his voice and integrate it throughout everything the brand is doing, from footwear to intimate apparel to outwear."
The couple has worked together for more than 30 years, launching the Esprit footwear business in 1983 and the Sam & Libby brand in 1987.
Two campaigns carried out over the past two years by two groups of activists have achieved very different results. Whereas Greenpeace has successfully corralled major brands and retailers into its Det...
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo today (14 February) said it has seen its third-quarter profit and revenues increase, boosted by gains in its apparel business....
Women's wear retailer Cache has appointed Jay Margolis as its chairman and chief executive officer, replacing Thomas Reinckens who has stepped down....
Vida Shoes International, a licensee of fashion footwear brands including Baby Phat, Phat Farm, Esprit and Osh Kosh, has acquired the Andre Assous company....
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
Hong Kong-based clothing brand Esprit has issued a first-half profit warning as the company continues with efforts to restructure its business....
Environmental campaign group Greenpeace has launched a campaign calling on denim giant Levi Strauss & Co to commit to eliminating certain chemical substances from its garments and manufacturing proces...
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields