US: Libby Edelman to rejoin Sam Edelman brand
Libby Edelman is to rejoin women's footwear brand Sam Edelman to help drive marketing and licensing of the line as it expands into new markets, including intimate apparel and outerwear.
The Brown Shoe Company-owned brand said Edelman will provide "creative vision".
"Libby has been an integral part of the success of the Sam Edelman brand over the years, and we are thrilled to have her back on the team," said Diane Sullivan, president and CEO of Brown Shoe Company.
"Nobody knows Sam better than Libby, and she can help take his voice and integrate it throughout everything the brand is doing, from footwear to intimate apparel to outwear."
The couple has worked together for more than 30 years, launching the Esprit footwear business in 1983 and the Sam & Libby brand in 1987.
Two campaigns carried out over the past two years by two groups of activists have achieved very different results. Whereas Greenpeace has successfully corralled major brands and retailers into its Det...
Indian conglomerate Aditya Birla Nuvo today (14 February) said it has seen its third-quarter profit and revenues increase, boosted by gains in its apparel business....
Women's wear retailer Cache has appointed Jay Margolis as its chairman and chief executive officer, replacing Thomas Reinckens who has stepped down....
Vida Shoes International, a licensee of fashion footwear brands including Baby Phat, Phat Farm, Esprit and Osh Kosh, has acquired the Andre Assous company....
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
Hong Kong-based clothing brand Esprit has issued a first-half profit warning as the company continues with efforts to restructure its business....
Environmental campaign group Greenpeace has launched a campaign calling on denim giant Levi Strauss & Co to commit to eliminating certain chemical substances from its garments and manufacturing proces...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019