US: Licensing International Expo moving to Las Vegas
After 28 years in New York, Licensing International Expo will from the Jacob Javits Convention Center there to Las Vegas next year.
The trade show for the licensing industry saw attendance on par with 2007's record high this year, with around 25,000 licensing, merchandising and retail executives from more than 82 countries visiting.
This, the organisers said, was despite the tough economic and physical climate (with New York temperatures above 100 degrees).
More than 90% of the exhibitors on the Expo floor in 2008 have secured space for next year, a statement said.
"Our customers...are really excited about the many opportunities that Las Vegas affords us to grow the event," said Georgiann DeCenzo, executive vice president of show organiser Advanstar Communications, "and our new home at Mandalay Bay Convention Center will enable us to expand our show floor."
Licensing International Expo 2009 will be held 2-4 June 2009 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Centre.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022