GERMANY: Liedtke to lead global brands at Adidas
Sporting goods giant Adidas AG has named Eric Liedtke as head of its global brands business, succeeding Erich Stamminger who is leaving the group in March after 30 years.
Liedtke, who is currently senior vice president of the Adidas Sport Performance unit, will assume responsibility for global brands as an executive board member.
"We are committed to giving our next generation of leaders more responsibility for the future of our group," said Adidas CEO Herbert Hainer.
"Over the past years, Eric Liedtke has contributed to the extremely positive development of Adidas both in North America and globally. We are convinced that he will lead our brands into the next era of desirability, success and growth."
Liedtke joined Adidas in 1994 as global line manager for cross training in Portland/Oregon.
During his 20-year career with the company, he has held senior management positions at Adidas, both in America and globally.
Adidas, the world's second-largest sportswear maker, has been hit by a number of headwinds during the past year. In September it issued a profit warning as it struggles with distribution issues in Russia, a weak golf market and unfavourable exchange rates.
However its Sport Performance division, overseen by Liedtke, has boasted a number of successes, including the launch of the Boost footwear cushioning technology.
And in football, Adidas is launching "cutting-edge performance products" in the run-up to the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The brand expects to achieve record sales and to be the first to break through the EUR2bn sales barrier with football performance products.
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Colombia - ISA Country Report