US: Life is Good rolls out software to support growth
Fashion and lifestyle brand 'Life is Good' has partnered with Attune Consulting to implement a number of technology initiatives to support its growth and meet demand for its clothing and accessories in the US and globally.
Life is Good products are sold in around 3,500 retail stores in the US and through direct-to-consumer channels, with 10% of its net profits donated to help kids in need.
Attune initially engaged with the brand in 2007 to roll out the SAP Apparel and Footwear (AFS) 6.0 solution. It has also helped automate the company's warehouse inventory system for improved visibility, traceability, and accuracy of customer orders across the company and its supply chain.
More recently, the technology firm helped bring the Life is Good global business onto SAP, establishing a third-party warehouse and multi-currency system to enable sales in multiple countries.
And in the last year, it upgraded to SAP AFS 6.5 and automated its EDI (electronic data exchange) outbound processes, leading to faster, more accurate delivery of shipment information to more than 30 trading partners.
"Our trading partners constitute approximately 70% of products that get shipped out of the Life is Good warehouse, so it was critical to improve efficiencies where possible," explained Stacey Ireson, applications manager.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Tech solutions provider Attune Consulting has developed a new suite that it says will enable apparel companies to bring wholesale, manufacturing and retail operations onto a single integrated platform...
Wearable technology mainly concerns devices and apparel/textiles. This is the only up to date analysis on wearable technology available and the only one covering the big picture, including the study o...
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- Practical Price Negotiation