US: Life is Good rolls out software to support growth
Fashion and lifestyle brand 'Life is Good' has partnered with Attune Consulting to implement a number of technology initiatives to support its growth and meet demand for its clothing and accessories in the US and globally.
Life is Good products are sold in around 3,500 retail stores in the US and through direct-to-consumer channels, with 10% of its net profits donated to help kids in need.
Attune initially engaged with the brand in 2007 to roll out the SAP Apparel and Footwear (AFS) 6.0 solution. It has also helped automate the company's warehouse inventory system for improved visibility, traceability, and accuracy of customer orders across the company and its supply chain.
More recently, the technology firm helped bring the Life is Good global business onto SAP, establishing a third-party warehouse and multi-currency system to enable sales in multiple countries.
And in the last year, it upgraded to SAP AFS 6.5 and automated its EDI (electronic data exchange) outbound processes, leading to faster, more accurate delivery of shipment information to more than 30 trading partners.
"Our trading partners constitute approximately 70% of products that get shipped out of the Life is Good warehouse, so it was critical to improve efficiencies where possible," explained Stacey Ireson, applications manager.
Tech solutions provider Attune Consulting has developed a new suite that it says will enable apparel companies to bring wholesale, manufacturing and retail operations onto a single integrated platform...
Wearable technology mainly concerns devices and apparel/textiles. This is the only up to date analysis on wearable technology available and the only one covering the big picture, including the study o...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead