INDIA: Lilliput Kidswear wins $86m private equity investment
US-based private equity firms TPG Inc and Bain Capital LLC are to buy a minority stake in India's Lilliput Kidswear Ltd for $86m, the company said today (20 April).
Lilliput, which makes children's wear for retailers including Gap, Next, Carter's and Old Navy, intends to use the financing to expand its operations.
The firm also sells its own Lilliput Kidswear brand across India where it has 240 stores, as well as in the Middle East, China and Ukraine.
The deal will see Bain Capital invest $60m and TPG $26m, and also includes Everstone Capital exiting its early-stage growth investment in the company.
Sanjeev Narula, founder and MD of Lilliput, described the investment as "a strong vote of confidence in Lilliput's potential."
Even though Gap Inc is upbeat about plans to grow its business online and internationally as part of a raft of strategic changes earmarked for the business over the next three to five years, the retai...
While righting its domestic business and turning top line growth into market share is seen as a priority for Gap Inc in the years ahead, another major focus for the future is international and online ...
Apparel retailer Gap is suing new social media network site Gapnote, claiming infringement of the US company's trademark....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story. ...
UK fashion retailer Carter Clothing Limited has filed for administration, citing a tough trading environment. ...
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- Too Many Standards
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras