INDIA: Lilliput Kidswear wins $86m private equity investment
US-based private equity firms TPG Inc and Bain Capital LLC are to buy a minority stake in India's Lilliput Kidswear Ltd for $86m, the company said today (20 April).
Lilliput, which makes children's wear for retailers including Gap, Next, Carter's and Old Navy, intends to use the financing to expand its operations.
The firm also sells its own Lilliput Kidswear brand across India where it has 240 stores, as well as in the Middle East, China and Ukraine.
The deal will see Bain Capital invest $60m and TPG $26m, and also includes Everstone Capital exiting its early-stage growth investment in the company.
Sanjeev Narula, founder and MD of Lilliput, described the investment as "a strong vote of confidence in Lilliput's potential."
Even though Gap Inc is upbeat about plans to grow its business online and internationally as part of a raft of strategic changes earmarked for the business over the next three to five years, the retai...
While righting its domestic business and turning top line growth into market share is seen as a priority for Gap Inc in the years ahead, another major focus for the future is international and online ...
Apparel retailer Gap is suing new social media network site Gapnote, claiming infringement of the US company's trademark....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story. ...
UK fashion retailer Carter Clothing Limited has filed for administration, citing a tough trading environment. ...
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras