US: Limited Brands cautious on global growth plans
Retail group Limited Brands does not see a successful pattern with taking US apparel brands overseas, said chairman and CEO Leslie H Wexner in a conference call this week.
Wexner, addressing analysts, said there were possible market opportunities internationally but there wasn't sufficient profit to allow global growth in the near future.
"A lot of people have tried, and we're thinking about figuring it out," Wexner said, but pointed out the difficulties other companies have had expanding abroad.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Consumers are increasingly aware of the distance products travel to get to market, and it seems a likely next step that "clothes miles" will become an issue like "food miles." But is sourcing closer t...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' March 2007 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Niki Tait reports on the recent International Textile Institute Conference in Sri Lanka, where around 170 delegates heard research papers from textile and apparel university departments around the wor...
Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bundchen will end her lucrative lingerie contract with Limited Brands' intimate apparel unit Victoria's Secret at the end of the year....
Newspaper reports today suggest that Limited Brands Inc is planning to sell its struggling Express and Limited Stores chains to focus instead on more profitable businesses like fragrances and lingerie...
Gap Inc has named company veteran Gary Muto president of Gap Adult and Gapbody, effective immediately....
Stuart Burgdoerfer has been promoted to chief financial officer of Limited Brands, the Columbus, Ohio-based specialty retailer....
Scott Drake has joined Blue Holdings as president of sales and chief operating officer, a new post at the Commerce, California-based upscale denim and sportswear firm....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022