US: Limited Brands in temporary name change
Apparel group Limited Brands has been temporary renamed L Brands while the company decides on a permanent change of name.
The owner of the Victoria’s Secret lingerie retail business said the name change, announced on Friday (22 March), was part of a planned transition process under a requirement associated with its 2007 sale of Limited Stores.
It expects to announce a new permanent name for the company in the months ahead, it added.
The temporary name change was engineered via a short-form merger process of a company subsidiary with the company itself, which Limited said did not require stockholder approval.
The name change does not affect the rights of shareholders, and the company’s shares will continue to be traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the name Limited Brands until 28 March, when that will change to L Brands.
It will continue to use the NYSE ticker symbol “LTD”, it said.
Three new signatories and two new associate members have joined the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) programme....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)