US: Limited Brands lifts FY target as Q3 beats view
- Q3 profit down 22.2% to $73.4m
- Sales slipped 5.6% to $2.05bn
- Company expects FY EPS of $2.78-$2.93
Net income declined 22% to US$73.4m during the 13 weeks ended 27 October, compared to $94.3m the same period last year. However, excluding costs related to the La Senza store closures and pre-tax gains, net income slipped 2.5% to $75.6m.
Operating income edged up 0.4% to $186.9m.
Net sales slipped 5.6% to $2.05bn from $2.17bn, while comparable store sales increased 5%. Last year's quarter included $258.7m worth of sales attributed to the Mast third party apparel sourcing business it sold in November 2011.
Limited Brands now expects full-year earnings per share to range from $2.78 to $2.93, up from previous guidance of between $2.73 and 2.88.
America's Save Our Industries Act, also known as the SAVE Act, which would give a range of Philippines-made apparel duty-free access to the US, looks increasingly likely to be implemented. And the Fil...
Hong Kong listed Luen Thai Holdings, one of the world's leading apparel manufacturing and supply chain services providers, has completed its US$55m acquisition of Singapore-based Ocean Sky Group....
Apparel group L Brands (the new, temporary name for Limited Brands) has hired former Aurora Fashions executive Ishan Patel to oversee Victoria's Secret digital business....
Marks & Spencer director of lingerie, Janie Schaffer, has left the retailer after only a few months in the role. ...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change