US: Limited Brands lifts FY target as Q3 beats view
- Q3 profit down 22.2% to $73.4m
- Sales slipped 5.6% to $2.05bn
- Company expects FY EPS of $2.78-$2.93
Net income declined 22% to US$73.4m during the 13 weeks ended 27 October, compared to $94.3m the same period last year. However, excluding costs related to the La Senza store closures and pre-tax gains, net income slipped 2.5% to $75.6m.
Operating income edged up 0.4% to $186.9m.
Net sales slipped 5.6% to $2.05bn from $2.17bn, while comparable store sales increased 5%. Last year's quarter included $258.7m worth of sales attributed to the Mast third party apparel sourcing business it sold in November 2011.
Limited Brands now expects full-year earnings per share to range from $2.78 to $2.93, up from previous guidance of between $2.73 and 2.88.
America's Save Our Industries Act, also known as the SAVE Act, which would give a range of Philippines-made apparel duty-free access to the US, looks increasingly likely to be implemented. And the Fil...
Hong Kong listed Luen Thai Holdings, one of the world's leading apparel manufacturing and supply chain services providers, has completed its US$55m acquisition of Singapore-based Ocean Sky Group....
Apparel group L Brands (the new, temporary name for Limited Brands) has hired former Aurora Fashions executive Ishan Patel to oversee Victoria's Secret digital business....
Marks & Spencer director of lingerie, Janie Schaffer, has left the retailer after only a few months in the role. ...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Responsible apparel sourcing requires teamwork
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- New JC Penney CEO “credible but no solution”
- UPDATE: A&F appoints Horowitz to head Hollister
- Fire and safety events to converge on Bangladesh
- US textile innovation hub could expand re-shoring
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam