US: Limited Brands lifts FY target as Q3 beats view
- Q3 profit down 22.2% to $73.4m
- Sales slipped 5.6% to $2.05bn
- Company expects FY EPS of $2.78-$2.93
Net income declined 22% to US$73.4m during the 13 weeks ended 27 October, compared to $94.3m the same period last year. However, excluding costs related to the La Senza store closures and pre-tax gains, net income slipped 2.5% to $75.6m.
Operating income edged up 0.4% to $186.9m.
Net sales slipped 5.6% to $2.05bn from $2.17bn, while comparable store sales increased 5%. Last year's quarter included $258.7m worth of sales attributed to the Mast third party apparel sourcing business it sold in November 2011.
Limited Brands now expects full-year earnings per share to range from $2.78 to $2.93, up from previous guidance of between $2.73 and 2.88.
America's Save Our Industries Act, also known as the SAVE Act, which would give a range of Philippines-made apparel duty-free access to the US, looks increasingly likely to be implemented. And the Fil...
Hong Kong listed Luen Thai Holdings, one of the world's leading apparel manufacturing and supply chain services providers, has completed its US$55m acquisition of Singapore-based Ocean Sky Group....
Apparel group L Brands (the new, temporary name for Limited Brands) has hired former Aurora Fashions executive Ishan Patel to oversee Victoria's Secret digital business....
Marks & Spencer director of lingerie, Janie Schaffer, has left the retailer after only a few months in the role. ...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- US West Coast port contract reached
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide