US: Limited Brands lifts FY target as Q3 beats view
- Q3 profit down 22.2% to $73.4m
- Sales slipped 5.6% to $2.05bn
- Company expects FY EPS of $2.78-$2.93
Net income declined 22% to US$73.4m during the 13 weeks ended 27 October, compared to $94.3m the same period last year. However, excluding costs related to the La Senza store closures and pre-tax gains, net income slipped 2.5% to $75.6m.
Operating income edged up 0.4% to $186.9m.
Net sales slipped 5.6% to $2.05bn from $2.17bn, while comparable store sales increased 5%. Last year's quarter included $258.7m worth of sales attributed to the Mast third party apparel sourcing business it sold in November 2011.
Limited Brands now expects full-year earnings per share to range from $2.78 to $2.93, up from previous guidance of between $2.73 and 2.88.
America's Save Our Industries Act, also known as the SAVE Act, which would give a range of Philippines-made apparel duty-free access to the US, looks increasingly likely to be implemented. And the Fil...
Hong Kong listed Luen Thai Holdings, one of the world's leading apparel manufacturing and supply chain services providers, has completed its US$55m acquisition of Singapore-based Ocean Sky Group....
Apparel group L Brands (the new, temporary name for Limited Brands) has hired former Aurora Fashions executive Ishan Patel to oversee Victoria's Secret digital business....
Marks & Spencer director of lingerie, Janie Schaffer, has left the retailer after only a few months in the role. ...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Banana Republic taps former J Crew designer
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects