US: Limited Brands lifts outlook on Q1 profit
- Q1 profit increased 14.4% to $142.5m
- Sales rose 5% to $2.27bn
- Company expects FY adjusted EPS of $2.95-3.15
Retailer Limited Brands (now operating under a new temporary name L Brands) has lifted its full-year earnings guidance after posting a 14.4% increase in first-quarter net profit.
The company, owner of lingerie brands Victoria's Secret and La Senza, said net income reached US$142.5m for the 13 weeks to 4 May, compared to $124.6m in the same period last year.
Sales rose 5% to $2.27bn from $2.15bn in the prior year, while comparable store sales were up 3%. Gross margin, however, slipped to 41.5% against 41.9% last time.
Looking forward, the group expects full-year adjusted earnings per share to be $2.95-3.15, compared to its earlier guidance of $2.92-3.12. For the second-quarter, earnings per share are expected to be $0.50-0.55 against $0.50 last year.
Valued at US$87.0bn, the Middle East and African apparel market accounted for just 5% of total global apparel value sales in 2012. Nonetheless, it was the second fastest growing region globally in 201...
Retailer Limited Brands, operator of the Victoria's Secret, Pink, Bath and La Senza stores, has lifted its full-year earnings guidance after booking a 25.3% jump in third-quarter profit....
Knitted fabric manufacturer Textured Jersey Lanka is gearing up for future growth with a number of new investments to add capacity, reduce energy costs and expand across the region....
US women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has appointed Judith Langley as the executive vice president and chief merchandising officer of its Dressbarn brand....
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis