US: Limited Brands Q4 profit hit by La Senza disposals
The company said net income fell to US$641.1m over the three months to 28 January. Excluding the charges, adjusted net income rose 9.4% to $459.2m.
During the period, sales rose 1.7% to $3.5bn, although Limited Brands said revenues were hurt by the sale of its third-party apparel sourcing business at the beginning of November. Comparable-store sales rose 7%.
Full-year net income rose 5.62% to $850.1m as sales increased 7.8% to $10.3bn. Comparable-store sales increased 10%.
Limited Brands expects full-year earnings per share to be between $2.60-2.80, including earnings per share of between $0.35-0.40 in the first-quarter.
Luxury goods positioned at accessible price points are a key industry battleground, and increasingly the core revenue drivers of some of the fastest growing luxury goods players, including Mulberry, J...
Audit fatigue among many clothing suppliers has prompted firms like Nike and Levi Strauss to adopt new strategies for driving standards among manufacturers. This is just one of the responses to what M...
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include profiles of US lingerie retailer Victoria's Secret and fashion retailer Esprit, a look at the footwear markets in Indonesia and Taiw...
Lured by warm weather and promotions to clear summer merchandise, US shoppers hit the stores in July giving an overall boost to many apparel retailers - but the results shed little light on back-to-sc...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' July 2012 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' June 2012 sales results. ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' May 2012 sales results. ...
Limited Brands, which owns the Victoria's Secret chain, has raised its full-year guidance despite booking a 32.3% fall in second quarter profit....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Chaos in the world’s trade agreements
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- PVH “well-positioned” in China despite headwinds
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019