USA: Limited Changes Name To Echo New Brands
Apparel retailer Limited Inc is to change its name to Limited Brands to reflect the repositioning of its business.
Last month, the company acquired the publicly traded shares of Intimate Brands Inc., the owner of Victoria's Secret lingerie, which will trade alongside its other lifestyle brands including Express, Lerner New York, Bath & Body Works.
Over the past four years the company has also spun off Abercrombie & Fitch Co and Too Inc, as well as selling the Lane Bryant chain.
Limited said yesterday earnings for its fiscal first quarter ended 4 May rose to $49.9 million, or 10 cents per diluted share, from $30.7 million or 7 cents per share a year earlier.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- $136m funding for Made in NY garment-making hub
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar